The problem with making progress on projects is that there is nothing really to show for it.
Larry is becoming known as the Sweater of Doom in these parts. I am Beyond Bored with knitting this simply because I’ve already knit this yarn before. Knitting it again is Tedious (yes…with a capital T!).
The Sweater of Doom…it really just looks like a pile of knitted fabric at the moment.
Thankfully, I finished the first sleeve last night, and the second sleeve will seem less Tedious because I’ve got the row count written down, so I just need to crack on and tick off those rows as quickly as possible. I’m waiting in today for a courier so I’m planning to make use of the time by watching Marple box sets and picking up that second sleeve.
I do have an added incentive at the moment. Not only does The Husband sit next to me on the sofa each evening making sad eyes and muttering about wanting to wear the damned thing before the good weather finally arrives; but I also didn’t have enough yarn.
*grits teeth to refrain from uttering stream of invective and expletives*
As this yarn is now discontinued (of course) tracking it down could have been tricky, but the lovely folks at McA have some in stock and sent me 3 balls, aaaaannnnd are holding another 3 for a few weeks, just in case. I suspect I may need one more of them for the neck. We shall see.
We are also making progress in a project I’m calling “Shabby to Chic”. Our house hasn’t been decorated since before the kids came home. With 2 adults, 2 kids and a large dog, the place is starting to look more than a little bit worn around the edges. And the middle. And all points in-between.
The need for a complete rewire has created the impetus to do a complete top down spruce up. The sewing loft is to be ripped out, remodelled and turned into our bedroom. Our bedroom will become The Boy’s. His bedroom will become my new sewing room…eventually. Just as blasted Ikea are withdrawing their fabulous Expedit range. What possessed them?
This is a huge project that will take a good couple of years to finish, I think, but at the end of it we will have replaced all windows and external doors, rewired the place with many more socket outlets and more usefully placed light switches, and will be using all the space in the house more efficiently. Oh and the hideous porch at the front of the house that has plagued me for years WILL finally be replaced.
Most importantly (far more important than the risk of the electrics frying us all in our beds) I will have a new sewing room. With storage! And good daylight!
Until then though I’m sewing on the kitchen table. I do not like this at all. I realise I’ve been completely spoiled with the Sewing Loft (however shabby and disorganised), but I’ve got my eye on the prize and a sewing project on the go (in between meals, homework and painting projects that the kids insist on).
Thread Theory Jedediah Pants
Yep…I’m making the Mr the pair of trousers I promised him a couple of years ago. Or maybe 6 years ago.
I’m not counting.
I’m sure he is.
These are the Thread Theory Jedediah Pants and so far I’m really impressed. Printing and taping the PDF was a breeze. Great tiling. It bodes well, I hope, for the sewing.