I’ve been sitting on this award for a few weeks, mainly because I’ve been rather too wrapped up with Christmas to write a worthy post.
But in hindsight this seems like a rather splendid way to start a new year, so I’m not overly shamefaced!
The ‘rules of engagement’ for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blog.
So here goes:
Thank you so much to Anne of Mercury – Handmade Fashion for her very kind nomination. It’s especially flattering because Anne’s skills with needle and fabric are just amazing. So very inspiring. When I grow up I want to be able to sew (and pattern cut) as well as Anne.
Now to a very random list of Seven Things About Me.
1. If I could have any car in the world it would be a Morris Traveller!
2. If I was a car, I’d very probably be a Morris Traveller.
3. If I had a Morris Traveller I would probably wear frocks all the time!
4. If ever there was an incentive for The Husband to sort me a Morris Traveller that would be it!
5. I dream of taking classes at Central St Martins. They do summer school, dontcha know!
6. Even better would be to study at l’ Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne. This is less likely to happen!
7. Despite my protestations to the contrary in my last post, I’ve already fallen into a plan for this year. It’s a teeny tiny one, but a plan nonetheless. Lara Croft and I are planning a day out in the spring to visit BaaRamEwe and take a Fair Isle knitting course.
I can’t help myself.
But it will be Too Much Fun!
And now to the list of talented, principled, charming and funny women who, with their wit, courageous life choices, boundless creativity and immense skills, continually inspire me in all sorts of ways.
- Stitch Parade
- Chica Andaluza
- Fringe Association
- Diary of a Chain Stitcher
- Janet Clare
- Sewing Princess
- Yoshimi the Flying Squirrel
- So Sew Lovely
Do check their blogs out…they are a pretty amazing bunch.
If it ever stops raining here I will get some photos of fabrics that I received for Christmas (thank you Fiona and Husband). At the moment they would just look grey…it doesn’t seem to get light here at all during the day.