I haven’t been going to my Thursday night knitting group regularly for absolutely ages so this is something I’m really looking forward to rectifying now that The Husband is settled in his new job and is home at a civilised hour every night. It’s lovely to have our evenings freed up as this something we’ve never been able to rely on.
With this in mind, and knowing that I’m planning to head off tonight and don’t have a knitting project on the needles, I thought it was time to tackle the modifications for Aislinn so I can finally cast her on.
This is the first of Amy’s patterns that I’ve tried and already I’m smitten.
Look at that schematic. So much information. Amy is really walking the walk with this pattern. It gives you all the information you need to easily identify what’s going to work for you and what isn’t. Together with the worksheet provided by Amy in the Craftsy class it didn’t take me very long to work out that I only needed 5 modifications to the pattern:
- Add bust dart shaping
- Reduce waist shaping
- Increase sleeve to full length
- Reduce the size of the cuff
- Start the waist shaping a little earlier than the pattern states.
None of these are super complicated, and I have the luxury of being able to run my modifications by the designer to ensure I’ve not completely missed the mark. But, whilst I wait for that response, I am finally ready to cast on…
It will be a while before I complete this garment…I’m not the world’s fastest knitter after all. But if the instructions are half as clear as the schematic, I’m confident this will be a pleasant project. And who knows, I may just have a well fitting cardigan at the end of it!
That’s the plan anyway. Wish me luck!