I’ve been sitting on this award for a few weeks, mainly because I’ve been rather too wrapped up with Christmas to write a worthy post.
But in hindsight this seems like a rather splendid way to start a new year, so I’m not overly shamefaced!
The ‘rules of engagement’ for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blog.
So here goes:
Thank you so much to Anne of Mercury – Handmade Fashion for her very kind nomination. It’s especially flattering because Anne’s skills with needle and fabric are just amazing. So very inspiring. When I grow up I want to be able to sew (and pattern cut) as well as Anne.
Now to a very random list of Seven Things About Me.
1. If I could have any car in the world it would be a Morris Traveller!
2. If I was a car, I’d very probably be a Morris Traveller.
3. If I had a Morris Traveller I would probably wear frocks all the time!
4. If ever there was an incentive for The Husband to sort me a Morris Traveller that would be it!
5. I dream of taking classes at Central St Martins. They do summer school, dontcha know!
6. Even better would be to study at l’ Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne. This is less likely to happen!
7. Despite my protestations to the contrary in my last post, I’ve already fallen into a plan for this year. It’s a teeny tiny one, but a plan nonetheless. Lara Croft and I are planning a day out in the spring to visit BaaRamEwe and take a Fair Isle knitting course.
I can’t help myself.
But it will be Too Much Fun!
And now to the list of talented, principled, charming and funny women who, with their wit, courageous life choices, boundless creativity and immense skills, continually inspire me in all sorts of ways.
- Stitch Parade
- Chica Andaluza
- Fringe Association
- Diary of a Chain Stitcher
- Janet Clare
- Sewing Princess
- Yoshimi the Flying Squirrel
- So Sew Lovely
Do check their blogs out…they are a pretty amazing bunch.
If it ever stops raining here I will get some photos of fabrics that I received for Christmas (thank you Fiona and Husband). At the moment they would just look grey…it doesn’t seem to get light here at all during the day.
janet clare said:
thank you for including me! I am off to check out some new blogs now (when I’ve topped up my glass of port- still technically christmas here as hubby and boys still on holiday!)
I’ve been longing for a morris traveller for years and years too.
You inspired me again last night….to finish the last glass of port without feeling guilty! 😉
Aren’t travellers just the most adorable little cars?
Sewing Princess said:
Thanks for linking to me! I could totally picture you in the car wearing that frock. Ohhhh i’d love to join you for one of those courses!!!
Just how much fun would we have?
I can picture me in that frock with that car! Maybe next year I can start saving my pennies.
Vicki Kate said:
Thank you Evie!
Karen Templer said:
Thanks so much for including me in such fine company.
You’re welcome…I’m so thrilled to have found your blog this year I just had to share!
Sue Taylor said:
I love the dress, would wear that any time! My Dad had a Morris Traveller. We used to drive overnight from Gloucester to Devon to visit my Aunt and Uncle on their farm. As this was in the days before motorways and the journey took hours, Dad used to fold down the back seats and my brother and I would wrap up in sleeping bags and lie in the back and sleep the journey away. ‘Elf and Safety would have a fit!!!
And yet we all lived to tell the tale! They are such joyful little cars. I can envisage the adventures we would have. One day…
Great list- and you deserve many awards and a Morris Traveller!
Thank you. I’m keeping my fingers crossed on the car…probably not this year!
Chica Andaluza said:
Congrats to you on a well deserved award. Keep your fingers crossed for the Morris Traveller! I love them too, so quirky 🙂 And thank you too for your very kind words and including me in your nominations (blush, blush).
Travellers make me smile so much. They just beg for adventures and picnics and ginger beer.
You deserve the nomination…you inspire me so much by having the courage to live the dream. Bravo!
Thanks, Evie! You’re so sweet to include me. 🙂 It’s been a long time dream of mine to study at L’Ecole, too!
Wouldn’t it be wonderful. Sewing…Paris…macarons!
Thank you ever so much for including me and for introducing me to some more lovely blogs!
Evie, thanks so much for the nomination. I must confess I find you a great inspiration so right back at you 😉 Also, I laughed a bit when I read you’ve already made a plan for this year… once a planner always a planner, eh?
That’s just the kindest thing to say…thank you.
I’m rubbish at the not planning. I’m hoping to do some house decorating this year and already have mental lists and colours. Surely it’s not a plan if I don’t write it down…..
Calico Stretch said:
Oh wonderful some new to me blogs. Congrats on lovely blogging – thanks too cos it means I get to visit and read all about your adventures.
I love having you to visit 🙂