Following the exam fiasco and the operation-that-wasn’t, this week has been decidedly quiet.  And I’ve spent much of it doing not very much except taking a breath and relaxing.

I did however find the energy to finish the hems and binding on my first Washi top.

I love it!

I know it makes the girls look ridiculously humongous…but, what can I say, I’ve got boobs…nothing’s going to change that!

Anyway…moving on…this is a great pattern. The downloaded pattern pages match up really well, making taping them together remarkably painless.  Rae has written such clear and comprehensive instructions that you’ll have no trouble putting this together.

My only alterations were to add a bit to the length and a FBA.  I was glad of the additional length when I carried out an impromptu burn test with my iron that confirmed that this fabric is, indeed, polyester!

The fabric is from Ma’s stash.  It’s one of those that comes under the category of “what was I thinking” as this isn’t the best colour for either of us.  But it just about works and it’s a very wearable muslin.

The Husband thinks its a lovely top…I can’t imagine why.  I’m planning to make the dress version with another piece in my stash, but the next one will have the sleeves variation that Rae is teasing us with at the moment.

And then there’s the black cotton that would make a fabulous maxi…

I may have Washi fever!

The small print:

Pattern:         Washi from Made by Rae.  $16

Fabric:           Polyester print from Ma’s stash. £0

Notions:         Thread, interfacing and shirring elastic from stash. £0.

Total cost:      $16

Advertisements