Monday was typical weather for the North of England.
Compounded by the fact that the car was poorly and we couldn’t do anything but hunker down and wait it out, my mood was starting to resemble the weather.
Then the postie arrived with an unexpected parcel.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I LOVE getting things in the post. Cards. Magazines. Patterns. Books. Pretty much anything except junk and bills. But an unexpected parcel really is top of the list of loveliness.
Inside the parcel were the following gorgeous goodies:
And an embroidery chart!
You can imagine my surprise and delight.
My mystery benefactor? The very talented Jane at Loopy Lou’s Adventures into Handicrafts. Not only is she super talented at so many different crafts, she is also, as you can see, super generous.
Jane, I am so thrilled with these gifts and the kids love theirs. The bears have a happy home full of cuddles and bouncing on the mini trampoline and being fed milk and breadsticks. The bag is currently doing duty as a glamorous project bag for the Winter Flame scarf. And, as you know, crayons and pencils are always welcomed by small people…whilst the fabulous rolls are welcome by Mummy! You are very kind.
So now it’s my turn. Let’s spread the love. Here are the rules of engagement.
- Over the next 12 months I shall send a parcel of goodies to the first five people who sign up.
- You, in turn, will send a gift parcel to five people, with the same rules applying.
- The gifts may be small….it’s the thought that counts, not the cost.
- There are no deadlines, no need to hurry, no pressure. I won’t be sending mine out until well after the wedding.
- You can choose to post about the PIF on your own blog straight away, or wait until you’ve received your gift parcel from me. It’s up to you.
So as you can see the whole thing is very relaxed. So if you’d like to participate, then either email me, pendlestitches [at] jonesmail [dot] eu, or just leave a comment on this post.