Now, I’m not really wishing my life away, but at the moment all I want to do is sew and knit and embroider.
What I really have to do is:
– make the curtains for The Boy’s bedroom. Borrrrrrring!
– study for the 5 sessions of online classes that I need to do as part of my degree course. Equally borrrrrrring! Especially as I should have gone to summer school in Normandy but couldn’t go! Poop. There is nothing boring about Normandy, I can tell you. Caen has some lovely shops, and I recall a rather lovely embroidery shop that I wouldn’t mind checking out again!
– study for the French oral exam in September. Yawn!
– study for the 3 hour French written exam in October. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! (Or is it “oh hell, I’ve not studied all year and really should get my act together or I’ll fail miserably!?!?!?!)
– repaint the hallway because the trade paint I used is crap and looks like the room was decorated by chimps who have spent every day since they finished throwing stuff at the walls. Hateful decorating monkeys.
So I guess what I’m trying to say is that over the next few weeks there’s not going to be a great deal going on here that’s of much interest to me, let alone the outside world.
And then, after the exams, I’ve got The Dress to make!
No. Of course I haven’t cut it out yet!
Yes. I do know I’m cutting it rather fine, but I do love a challange (said with rictus grin and through gritted teeth!)
But you know me…it’ll all work out in the end. And when all this work is done I have a splendid day of celebration and then two weeks pottering around Dumfries and Galloway. And then I can sew and knit and embroider to my hearts content without any other pressing commitments for a while.